Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Interview with Leigh Hershkovich


<-----leigh font="" hershkovich="">









                                                                                                                   Her latest book--->



Welcome Leigh Hershkovich, how are you today? 
Hi! I'm great! Thank you so much for hosting me!

Tell us a little about yourself. 
I am twenty one years old, I'm from San Francisco, California, and I currently live in New York.

What is your favorite book/genre to read? 
I don't have a specific genre that is my favorite, mainly because I like exploring with all different types. I will say though that I am a huge fan of Latin fiction, and I tend to migrate towards and read works mainly by Latin or Hispanic writers.

What genre is Shattered Illusions? 
It is a mystery novel, though the mystery itself is about so much more than that. I'll let the readers figure out what that means... :D

Tell us a little about your novel. 
The novel follows four strangers during a murder investigation. They all come from different backgrounds and have different experiences. The book is really about how they all learn to cope with life in the aftermath of witnessing a murder.

Where did you get the idea for Shattered Illusions? 

From a novel titled The Angels Game by one of my favorite authors, Carlos Ruiz Zafon. One of the themes in the novel was my inspirtation for Shattered Illusions. 

Is this the first book you’ve written? 
Yes! Hopefully the first of many!

How long did it take you to write it? 
It took me about two years from start to finish without editing. With editing, I'd say about three years.

Did you find any one of the four main characters Ella, Marco, Sarah or Danny any harder to write than the others? 
Yes, I found both male characters difficult to write. I did a lot of research and spoke to a lot of different men in order to be able to capture male characteristics.

The book looks to be written in first person from each of the individuals point of view, was it hard for you to get into each person’s state of mind? 
I would have to focus very hard whenever I wrote in any of the voices. I didn't want one voice to flow into the others. So, it took a lot of strength to keep the voices different.

Did you have to write one person throughout the whole book then go back and add the next and so on or were you able to switch between the four of them? 
I wrote the book in order of events, not in order of voices. I didn't write one voice in it's entirety and then switch, I wrote one chapter at a time, with each voice.

Do you have another project that you are working on now? 
Yes, I do! I am working on another novel, which I hope to dive into and really power through in the upcoming year. That's really all I can say about it for now!

Is there anything you would like to talk to your readers about?
 I would love to hear their thoughts about the characters and the storyline! It's always fun to discuss the plot with readers.

Thank you so much for joining us today! How can your readers reach you? 
Thank you so much for hosting! Readers can reach me on FacebookTwitterBloggerTumblr,  Youtube,and on my website(where they can buy signed copies of Shattered Illusions!)


No comments:

Post a Comment